Here is a look at my development “toolbox”, my tools of the trade. I use mostly open-source tools, but my “Work” machine has more expensive paid-for software.
- Work Stations: PC – Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux (Fedora)
- IDE: PHPStorm
- Text Editor: Notepad++ (Use for opening random files when I don’t want to load it into the IDE)
- FTP: WinSCP* (Has a useful sync feature that will automatically upload edited files to server, but this can cause some headaches when trying to do stuff with Git (eg: throws errors when trying to merge, you have to turn off the sync feature before you merge).
- Photo Editing: Photoshop, GIMP (in a pinch)
- SQL: HeidiSQL
- Git w/ GitFlow plugin
- SVN (for WordPress Plugins)
- Package Management:
- PHP: Composer
- JS: Node/NPM
- Testing/Code Compliance:
- Ticketing System/Agile Workflow: Atlassian Jira
- Code Viewing/Review: Atlassian Fisheye & Crucible
Plugins that make my life easier. This is has a little from the UI and Development worlds in PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- AngularJs w/ Angular-UI plugins
- Doctrine DBAL/QueryBuilder/ArrayCollection
- Carbon DateTime